MOBILE AIRPORT AUTHORITY
JOB CLASS SPECIFICATION
Date Approved: 12/23
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Accounts Payable Specialist provides direct control over the performance of all accounts payable processing activities.
- Insure that all invoices are entered into ERP system and paid according to policy with proper approval.
- Enter and reconcile purchasing card payments.
- Obtain signatures for checks and keep accurate documentation and records of this process.
- Monitor, report and resolve issues related to outstanding checks.
- Select, review and confirm vouchers for payment.
- Fold and mail checks.
- Print audit reports and check register.
- Month end closing: Accruals preparation, AP sub-ledger reconciliation.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computer, calculator, copier, office machines.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of Accounts Payables and Payment Processing.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping preferred with attention to detail.
Minimum Training and Experience
- High school diploma or GEB required.
- One to three years of experience in an Accounting department strongly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- 10 key experience.
Generally works in an office environment; ability to lift up to 20 pounds; ability to bend, stoop and reach overhead; and ability to climb ladders.
Please note, in order to be eligible for consideration a candidate must: Apply for an open position by filling out an application for employment online or at the Mobile Regional Airport or Mobile Aeroplex at Brookley, Monday-Friday, 9am - 4pm