2013 PFC 2nd Amendment
NOTICE AND OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
The Mobile Airport Authority intends to file an amendment to PFC Application No. 13-06-C-01-MOB with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) at the PFC level of $3.00 Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) for all projects at the Mobile Regional Airport (Airport). The charge effective date is June 1, 2013 and charge expiration date is October 1, 2017. The Mobile Airport Authority is proposing to amend PFC Application No. 13-06-C-01-MOB by increasing the total amount collected from $4,158,061 to $4,386,345, an increase of $228,284.
The public has 30 days from the date of this notice to file comments. The final date for comment is Thursday, November 17, 2016. Please submit all comments to Kathryn Behrens by one of the following methods:
Mail: Mobile Airport Authority
P.O. Box 88004
Mobile, AL 36608
§158.24(b)(i)(ii)(iv) Brief Description, Justification, and PFC Revenue for each Project.
Following is a list and brief description, justification, and the PFC revenue for the proposed amended projects.
06-026 Terminal Rehabilitation Phase III
Various terminal improvements to include:
· Renovation to the airline ticket counters that include ADA compliance
· Replacement of the aircraft emergency alert phone system (Crash Phone)
· Replace the roll-up doors located in the baggage screening areas behind the airline ticket counters
· Install preconditioned air units for passenger loading bridges
· Install automated roll-up door for the exit point of the sterile area of the terminal building
· Extend the canopy of the front of the terminal building to cover the pedestrian sidewalk leading to the public parking lot
· Tint windows on the first level of the terminal building atrium area
· Matching local share of anticipated federal funding to design and construct a passenger loading bridge at Gate 6
Projects within the terminal improvements that will be amended include:
· Increase in cost is due to the addition of Bridge Cooling Equipment that will be added to the preconditioned air units which will allow climate control for loading bridge prior to aircraft arrival.
The Approved Use amount of $2,563,602 will be increased to $2,791,886, an increase of $228,284.